photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mixed-Ability Challenge - Inchies


Seems I keep running a week behind on the Splitcoast Mix-Ability challenges!  I actually had this card created just a few days after the challenge was posted, but am just now getting around the posting.  Ah, the holidays, they're keeping me hopping and away from posting!

Last week's challenge was to create a card using inchies.  Remember inchies?  Tiny little squares that can be used to decorate the background of a card or to highlight a particular image....It's also a great way to use up some of your gelli plate prints!  Love 'em!  

 My card started with some vintage text paper, pasted on a piece of chipboard.  I then added some embossing paste through a stencil.  Once the paste was dry, I mixed umber acrylic paint with glazing medium (use equal parts of both).  I brushed the paint on over the text/paste, waiting about a minute, and then used a baby wipe to remove the access.  What's left behind is a fabulously aged background!

I then used a 1" square punch to punch out four squares from a scrap piece of tag that had been covered with gesso and Distress Stains.  Each square was then mounted on a 1 1/4" square of brown cardstock.  I added the tiniest bit of black text to each square, using the Typewriter Text background stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy.  The little circle is from the Seeing Spots set (also from SNSS) and the image was embossed with Wendy Vecchi embossing powder.  I die cut a tiny butterfly shape, using the Monarch Dies set, and then stamped the detail using the coordinating Majestic Monarchs set.  Finally, I added a bit of gold twine around the bottom of the inchie piece before attaching to a plain card base.

Now...on to complete this week's Mix-Ability challenge!  Enjoy!

Supplies not linked above:




No comments: