photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hope Mini Canvas

I'm playing along with the Mix-ability Challenge over on Splitcoast again this week.  This week's challenge was to create a snowy scene, which isn't too hard for me as those of us in the northeast to imagine as we got hit with a good 'ol snowstorm a few days ago!

I started with a Tim Holtz mini burlap canvases...I love these babies, only 3"x3"...so tiny and cute!  I added a bit of Distress Paint to the background, just by swiping my paint-covered finger across the burlap.  I then used Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to create snow across the top of the canvas (and on the hill under the pine trees).  I added a fine glitter to the paste, while it was still wet.

The moon is just a die cut piece of text paper, which I aged with a few Distress Inks.  The hills and pine trees are from the Hillside Edges Die set from Sweet 'n Sassy (totally fun die set...you need it!)  The tree branch and bird is from a Tim Holtz die.  I added a bit more glitter and rhinestone holly berries to the branches.  The bird is embossed with Wendy Vecchi embossing powder (Cornflower Blue) and stamped with the Vintage Mesh background stamp, also from Wendy.  I also added a little bird wing and a tiny "hope" sticker.

Head over the the SCS Mix-ability Challenge to check out all of the other creations! 


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh wow!! I adore this Kim! Love the mix of textures and colors! Hugs, Jenny

Merrylioness said...

Love this mini canvas. Thank you for sharing. Marilyn Mae