photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Monday, July 7, 2014

Art Journaling - Wonderful Life

Hi folks and welcome to Monday!  I'm back with another journal page, created from the many store samples I made when offering a make 'n take a few months ago.  If you compare this page with the one I posted here, you'll notice that the backgrounds are similar...One to two colors with some black on the edges and simple stenciling in the background.  I've found that this is the best way to start a page...keep your backgrounds simple and then layer.  You'll never be disappointed!  (And if you are...just gesso!)  

The stamped design on the edges of this page, in black, are from Dina Wakley's Textures stamp set.  (See all product links at the end of my post).  The circles are just the top of a Distress Paint bottle, dipped in black paint and Dylusions White Linen ink spray.  Easy peasy!

My top layer involved a simple tag.  You can see that the tag already had some blue ink on it, probably from some other project I started a while ago, and I just used a Tim Layering Stencil to add some design to the tag background.  I then stamped a flower from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set on to the tag, which was colored with Copic Markers.  I stamped the same flower a second time, on plain cardstock, and colored again.  The second flower was then cut out and attached to the tag.  I ripped the bottom portion of the tag and then used a blending tool to age all of the edges before attaching to my art journal page.  The torn bottom piece of my tag was attached, using the Tiny Attacher, to the upper right hand side of the page.  All of the words and the butterfly are all part of a package of Remnant Rubs.  Super quick page to create...Enjoy and hope today's post has inspired you to create something new today!  (Product links below)

Supplies:
I used an older Wendy stamp but a number of her new sets would work perfectly!
 

No comments: