photo kime5_zps3df5231d.png  photo kime6_zpsa90859c6.png  photo kime7_zps9d2ef86d.png  photo kime9_zpsb23b4278.png

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dream

Hi folks!  Here today to share a card I created this week with some brand new Tim Holtz stamps that have been added to the store.  It's no secret that I'm a huge fan a vintage look and this new set from Tim, Mercantile, is a wonderful combination of vintage images and sentiments.

 When I saw the image of the man I thought that I wanted to make it look like an old photo so I started by aging a manila tag with Tea Dye ink and water.  I then stamped the image in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I then cut out the image using Spellbinders Oval dies.  Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on the edges of the image added more aging.  To create the "frame" for the photo, I covered a piece of chipboard with metal foil tape (love that stuff!), die cut with a larger oval die, used an embossing folder to emboss the foil, and then added black acrylic paint over the top of the frame.  Once the paint was dry, a sanding block was used to remove the black paint from the raised areas of the frame.
  
Then...here comes the fun part...I die cut a piece of plastic packaging and used Glossy Accents to adhere it over my "picture."  The Glossy Accents reacted just a bit with the ink, creating this awesome aged look...almost like vintage glass.  LOVED the result!  You can get a hint of how it looks in the photo above.  I then cut out a paper pennant and stamped the star, from the same set, across the entire surface.  All of my card surfaces got a good aging from more Gathered Twigs.  I also used one of the text stamps to lightly stamp on the background paper (stripes) to give it a little something extra.  This great paper is from the new Botanical Tea paper pad from Graphic 45.  Then I just added a word band at the bottom of the card and attach it with twine and staples from the Tiny Attacher.

Hope you enjoyed today's card and check out all the new Tim stamps at eclectic Paperie

1 comment:

Erin Smetak said...

Awesome card! Love the packaging and glossy accents! Cool idea!!!!